Naturopathic medicine is defined as a drugless,noninvasive,rational and evidence-based system of medicine imparting treatments with natural elements based on the theories of vitality, toxaemia and the self-healing capacity of the body,as well as the principles of healthy living.
- Earth (Prithvi)
- Water (App)
- Sun (Tej)
- Air (Vayu)
- Ether (Akash)
Way of Healthy Living:
- Waking up early in the morning (Brahmi mahoortam)
- Eating only when hungry
- Eating the food in its natural form (raw food)
- Eating only the required quantity of food
- Eating only after doing some physical work
- Not drinking water while eating and immediately after eating
- Fasting, resting, and drinking plenty of water when ill
- Using the five great elements of nature for restoration or maintenance of health
Basic Principal of Nature Cure:
- Body heals itself.
- Main cause of disease is enervation
- Deposit of metabolic end-products in the body is disease.
- Acute disease is a remedial process-itself a cure.
- Food is a building material, does not increase vitality.
- Fasting provides an opportunity to the body to heal itself.
- Germs do no cause the disease but are found in the diseased conditions.
- Exercise or physical activity keeps the balance between nutrition and drainage.
External treatments whether natural, allopathic, ayurvedic or homeopathic - give only relief, do not cure.
Patient's own will to get well, determination and faith are necessary things for nature cure treatment.